Think of a child standing outside a school’s music room, looking through the small window in the door, watching all of the other kids inside and wishing they too could participate. If only… Too many children don’t have the means in their homes to be able to afford even the simplest necessities for participating in their school’s music programs.
One day, all school age children in the Fort Collins Colorado area will have equal access to a quality music education, and the music programs at their schools, or non-profit organizations, will be thriving learning and cultural performance centers.
The goal of “The Kayla Foundation” is to provide support to:
- Poudre School District students, with financial needs, who wish to more fully participate in their school’s music programs.
- Fort Collins schools with developing or enhancing their music programs.
- Larimer County non-profit organizations that focus on the needs of children and young adults with providing musical opportunities for their clients.
Grant funding is made through grants to individual schools, or other non-profits, for the purpose of supporting their students / clients and their particular needs. Examples of funding needs are:
For Lower Income Family / Special Needs Students:
- The purchase or rental of uniforms or performance attire.
- Fees / tickets for music retreats, field trips and special opportunity events.
- Instrument rental fees,
- Private music lessons.
- Basic musical instrument supplies / maintenance (e.g. reeds, replacement strings etc.)
For All Students:
- Music therapy programs.
- Music teaching software for the classroom.
- Costumes, props, music etc. for school musical productions.
- The sponsorship of visiting teaching or performing professionals.
- The purchase of music, sound system equipment and instruments for the school / non-profit.
- (Note, we do not provide funding for lighting or videography equipment).
We do not provide funding for transportation, lodging or food expenses related to musical events. However, we refer those seeking those funds to the Bohemian Foundation’s Trip Fund.
The Kayla Foundation logo uses her actual signature as its centerpiece. Her signature was copied from the last birthday card she would ever give to her mom, which was just 2 weeks before her death. Her signature is uplifted in the title line representing how she lifted up the lives of others while she was on earth and how her memory continues to lift spirits today. The heart shown was a heart that Kayla always used when signing her name. This particular one was taken from a CD she had made for her sister.
The Kayla Foundation is a component fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado, a 501c3 organization.
To download a copy of our brochure click here.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com.