THE KAYLA FOUNDATION:
Since April 1, 2009, the goal of “The Kayla Foundation” has been to provide support to:
- Poudre School District students, with financial needs, helping them more fully participate in their school’s music programs.
- Poudre School District schools by helping to enhance their music programs.
- Larimer County non-profit organizations that focus on the needs of children and young adults with providing musical opportunities for their clients.
- Preference will be given to grant projects that directly benefit free & reduced lunch eligible students.
- A school/organization may apply for more than one grant per semester however the maximum grant per school/organization, per semester is $500.00.
- Deadlines listed below will be strictly adhered to.
Grant Applications (by 5:00 PM MT):
- October 1st for fall semester requests (October through January).
- February 1st for spring semester requests (February through September).
Feedback Forms (by 11:00 PM MT):
- December 15th for fall semester grants.
- April 15th for spring semester grants.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE GRANT REQUESTS :
For Lower Income Family / Special Needs Students:
- The purchase or rental of uniforms or performance attire.
- Basic musical supplies / maintenance (e.g. sheet music / folders, reeds, replacement strings etc.)
- Large instrument rental fees or the purchase of small instruments and accessories.
- Fees for music retreats, field trips and special opportunity events.
- Music therapy programs.
- Travel expenses to participate in very special musical events (e.g. Carnegie Hall or similar performances).
For All Students:
- Purchase of music teaching tools, subscriptions, software*, recording media and hardware for the classroom.
- The purchase of sheet music and protective folders.
- The purchase or repair of instruments, cases, stands and tuners for the classroom.
- The purchase of sound system equipment for the school / non-profit.
- Costumes, props, music, and sets for school musical productions.
- The sponsorship of visiting teaching or performing professionals, and accompanists.
- Fees associated with musical events benefiting all music student / clients.
*Note that all software must be approved by the site or school IT Department.
We DO NOT Provide Funding for:
- teacher training
- lighting equipment
- videography equipment
- lodging or food related expenses to musical events. If these funds are needed we recommend you contact Beth Higgins at email@example.com for more information.
- Click on the link below
- Fill out the required information.
- Hit the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.
- You should receive an automatic notification that your form has been submitted to the e-mail address input on the form.
After Submitting the Application (all formats):
- We will contact you within 48 hours of receipt via e-mail that we have received your application. If you do not hear from us within this time period please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.988.8398 so that we can ensure we receive your application in time for consideration.
- Once the deadline has passed, all grants will be evaluated, in one session, as to how well they meet the goals of the Foundation.
- Within the fiscal constraints of The Foundation, grants will be awarded to the specific needs that best meet the goals of the Foundation.
- We will notify you via e-mail as soon as the decision has been reached regarding your application.
- Grants that are awarded will be transferred from the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado to the winning schools (via the PSD District Office) / non-profit organizations usually within 2-3 weeks.
- To be eligible for future funding, grant recipients must return a feedback report form to The Kayla Foundation by the above listed deadlines.