THE KAYLA FOUNDATION:
Since April 1, 2009, the goal of “The Kayla Foundation” has been to provide support to:
- Poudre School District students, with financial needs, helping them more fully participate in their school’s music programs.
- Poudre School District schools by helping to enhance their music programs.
- Larimer County non-profit organizations that focus on the needs of children and young adults with providing musical opportunities for their clients.
- Preference will be given to grant projects that directly benefit free & reduced lunch eligible students.
- A school/organization may apply for more than one grant per semester however the maximum grant per school/organization, per semester is $500.00.
- Deadlines listed below will be strictly adhered to.
- The Kayla Foundation uses a semi-annual grant cycle.
- The fall semester application cycle is August 1 – October 1.
- The spring application cycle is December 1 – February 1.
- Notifications regarding the decision made regarding individual grant application will be made to the grant applicants within two weeks of the last day of the grant cycle.
In order to be considered for consideration for future grants the applicant must fill out a Grant Feedback form (see below) by:
- December 15th for fall semester grants.
- April 15th for spring semester grants.
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE GRANT REQUESTS :
For Lower Income Family / Special Needs Students:
- The purchase or rental of uniforms or performance attire.
- Basic musical supplies / maintenance (e.g. sheet music / folders, reeds, replacement strings etc.)
- Large instrument rental fees or the purchase of small instruments and accessories.
- Fees for music retreats, field trips and special opportunity events.
- Music therapy programs.
- Travel expenses to participate in very special musical events (e.g. Carnegie Hall or similar performances).
For All Students:
- Purchase of music teaching tools, subscriptions, software*, recording media and hardware for the classroom.
- The purchase of sheet music and protective folders.
- The purchase or repair of instruments, cases, stands and tuners for the classroom.
- The purchase of sound system equipment for the school / non-profit.
- Costumes, props, music, and sets for school musical productions.
- The sponsorship of visiting teaching or performing professionals, and accompanists.
- Fees associated with musical events benefiting all music student / clients.
*Note that all software must be approved by the site or school IT Department.
We DO NOT Provide Funding for:
- teacher training
- lighting equipment
- videography equipment
- lodging or food related expenses to musical events. If these funds are needed we recommend you contact Beth Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Click on the link below
- Fill out the required information.
- Hit the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.
- You should receive an automatic notification that your form has been submitted to the e-mail address input on the form.
After Submitting the Application (all formats):
- We will contact you within 48 hours of receipt via e-mail that we have received your application. If you do not hear from us within this time period please contact us at email@example.com or 970.988.8398 so that we can ensure we receive your application in time for consideration.
- Once the deadline has passed, all grants will be evaluated, in one session, as to how well they meet the goals of the Foundation.
- Within the fiscal constraints of The Foundation, grants will be awarded to the specific needs that best meet the goals of the Foundation.
- We will notify you via e-mail as soon as the decision has been reached regarding your application.
- Grants that are awarded will be transferred from the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado to the winning schools (via the PSD District Office) / non-profit organizations usually within 2-3 weeks.
- To be eligible for future funding, grant recipients must return a feedback report form to The Kayla Foundation by the above listed deadlines.