Financial support is made through individual grants to schools and other local area non-profits in furtherance of the goals of the Kayla Foundation. Grants cannot be made directly to individuals or for-profit institutions per IRS requirements.
OUR GOALS AND WHO WE SUPPORT:
- Poudre School District Schools, helping to enhance their music programs.
- Poudre School District students, with financial needs, helping them more fully participate in their school’s music programs. Support is made through the student’s music programs and requested by their music teacher.
- Fort Collins, Colorado area non-profit organizations that focus on the needs of children and young adults with providing musical opportunities for their clients.
- A school/organization may apply for more than one grant per semester, however the maximum grant per school or non-profit organization, per semester is $500.00. A school/organization may only receive more than $500 per semester if a separate non-profit applies for a grant on their behalf.
- Grant applicants may apply for funding each semester regardless of any previous grant awards, however they may not apply for funding if no final report was submitted for a prior grant that they received.
- Preference will be given to grant projects that directly benefit free & reduced lunch eligible / special needs students.
- All grant requests must be itemized with:
- a prioritized listing of each of the components of the grant request.
- the cost of each of those components adding up to the total requested amount (Note: The total of all prioritized items cannot exceed $500 and grants will likely be approved in the order of the applicant’s listed priorities.)
- the basis of estimate (i.e. quotation, advertised price, previous purchases, hourly rate x # of hours etc.) for each requested item. (Note: Please do not request the maximum grant amount in order to cover any unexpected contingency costs. Requesting grants based upon a solid quotation, market pricing etc. is highly encouraged. Asking for more funding than is needed serves to tie up funds that could be awarded to others who have equally compelling needs.)
- Deadlines listed below must be strictly adhered to.
- Note that all awarded funds must be spent for their specific purposes within 1 year from the date the grant funds were issued. Any unspent funds should be credited back to the Kayla Foundation so that they can go to funding other worthy subsequent requests.
ACCEPTABLE GRANT FUNDING REQUESTS:
Please refer to the table below for acceptable grant requests and how to properly code them in your grant application.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR:
- Any requests for outside of the Fort Collins, Colorado area.
- Any requests benefiting for-profit institutions.
- Any requests for non-musical needs.
- Teacher training opportunities.
- Magazine subscriptions.
- Videography equipment.
- Lodging, food, sightseeing activities, extracurricular activities, clothing while traveling for music events.
- Private music lessons.
- Most requests that are not listed in the table above, though we will carefully consider any requests that meet our goals and objectives and that closely align with those detailed above.
- Click on the link at the bottom of this page.
- Fill out the required information.
- Hit the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.
- You should receive an automatic notification that your form has been submitted to the email address input on the form. No further action should be required by the applicant at that point.
After Submitting the Application:
- We will contact you within 48 hours of receipt via e-mail that we have received your application. If you do not hear from us within this time period please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can ensure we receive your application in time for consideration.
- Once the deadline has passed, all grants will be evaluated, at the same time, as to how well they meet the goals of the Foundation.
- Within the fiscal constraints of The Foundation, grants will be awarded to the specific needs that best meet the goals of the Foundation.
- We will notify you via e-mail as soon as our decision has been reached regarding your application.
- Funds for grants that have been awarded will be transferred from the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado to the winning schools (via the PSD District Office) / non-profit organizations usually within 2-3 weeks.
- The Kayla Foundation uses a semi-annual grant cycle.
- The fall semester application cycle is August 1 – October 1. All applications are due by 5:00 PM MT on October 1st.
- The spring application cycle is December 1 – February 1. All applications are due by 5:00 PM MT on February 1st.
- Grant applicants will be notified whether or not their grants were awarded within two weeks from the last day of the grant cycle in which they applied.
FINAL REPORT (FEEDBACK) FORMS:
To be considered for consideration for future grants the applicant must fill out a Grant Feedback form (see below) by:
- April 15th for spring semester grants.
- December 15th for fall semester grants.