Besides our main goals of providing financial assistance to local school age children to aid in their music education, The Kayla Foundation also participates in a variety of community outreach activities to help others in need. Below is a listing of some of those activities over the years.
Community Efforts Our Foundation Has Assisted With:
- April 2008 – “Walk-the-Rockies” Indoor Walk-a-thon at RMHS to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County.
- July 18, 2008 – Cafe’ Mexicali – Benefitting a special family who lost everything in the Iowa Floods.
- Thanksgiving 2008 – Food drive for the Larimer County Food Bank.
- April 2009 – “Walk-the-Rockies” at RMHS to benefit “The Lobo Fund”.
- Easter 2009 – Food drive for the Larimer County Food Bank
- Thanksgiving 2009 – Food drive for the Larimer County Food Bank
- Christmas 2009 – Gift shopping and wrapping for Santa Cops
- March, 2010 – “Walk-the-Rockies” at RMHS to benefit “The Lobo Fund”.
- Thanksgiving 2010 – Food and Coat Drive for the Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope.
- Thanksgiving 2011 – Food Drive for the Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope.
- Christmas 2011 – Santa Cops of Larimer County
- June 2012 – Fundraising for the Colorado Professional Fire Fighters and Local Red Cross for Victims of the High Park Fire
- July 2012 – Clothes and Food Drive for ACS Community L.I.F.T. for the victims of the High Park Fire which claimed 269 homes and one life..
- July 2012 – The Kayla Foundation Committee helps out at the High Park Fire collection and distribution center.
- November 2012 – Food Drive for the Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope
The Kayla Foundation was able to bring the Murphy Center for Hope 900 pounds of food for their “guest” pantry. On November 16th members of our committee had the pleasure of stocking their nearly bare shelves until they were literally over flowing. After we were done we still had boxes that remained unopened to replenish their shelves as needed. All of this was just in time for Thanksgiving and the good people at the Murphy Center were so appreciative of our donation. While we were there, there was a mother of three little kids who didn’t know how she was going to feed them. Some of our donations went immediately to her and her children, giving them something to go on, if only for a while. The whole experience was really something to take in and appreciate what we have.
- Christmas 2012 – Santa Cops of Larimer County
- September 2013 – Devastating Floods hit Colorado’s Front Range. The Kayla Foundation completes a food, clothing and household goods drive to benefit those impacted by the severe flooding.
- Thanksgiving 2013 – Murphy Center Food and Coat Drive – 650+ pounds of food and $450 donated!
- Christmas 2013 – Santa Cops
- Thanksgiving 2014 – Murphy Center Food and Coat Drive – 500 pounds of food, 32 bags of coats and $100+ donated!
Christmas 2015 – Toys 4 Tots – We collected 482 toys for deserving kids in our community as part of the annual Marine Corps Toys-4-Tots toys drive.
Christmas 2016 – Santa Cops and Toys 4 Tots.
Fall 2017 – Hurricane Irma relief drive for Serve 6.8.
Christmas 2018-2021, – Food and Toy Drive for the Larimer County Food Bank and Toys 4 Tots. We also participated in fulfilling requests for Christmas gifts through Santa Cops.
Finally, each Christmas Eve since Kayla’s accident in 2007, until the Pandemic in 2020 we delivered holiday treats to Fort Collins, (and recently) Loveland, Timnath and Windsor fire stations stations, hospital emergency rooms to thank those who help area residents in their hour of need. THANK YOU FIRST RESPONDERS!